I’m not someone who avoids hotels I just prefer motels because you can park at the door!
I created a video talking about how I like staying in motels for road trips, with really three major reasons:
- You can park you car at the door and it’s a short walk to carry bags in, for me this is a huge deal especially with camera gear and drones etc.
- The second is it’s a great way to cleanup get dry and warm , as well as organise the car and your equipment after a few days of camping and it’s great to do that before arriving home.
- And the last is that they are usually not super busy and have space for you to check your gear fix-up your car (tidy) and maybe even test a drone or tripod.
The free coffee and biscuits is also a huge reason, but I try to keep that private.
In the Video I mention a few ways I book hotels
- I search on google maps and call them or book directly
- I use Booking.com to find cheap motels near me.
- I just look and drive into a town (This is really the most fun way)
If you want to see the video I’ve included it here:
Maybe there are some other secret motel lovers out there hiding 🙂